Wipro Freshers Interview Process – Oracle Database Admin – Manish Balwani
Manish Balwani, Oracle Database admin, Wipro shares his Interview Process in this brief interview
Please tell us about your Interview/Selection procedure at Wipro (Short listing procedure, GDs, Interviews).
Firstly i got a placement through the campus… So in my last semester while i was studying i sat into the placement season. The season was divided into 4 parts
- An APPTITUDE TEST, it tests your intelligence IQ and the concepts you learned during your Acamdemic Session.. It contained question from quantative apptitude and question relating to our academics..
- A TECHNICAL INTERVIEW,I had my first technical interview, I was first asked about my projects that were on my CV.I was asked questions related to trees and arrays. Around 11 students were shortlisted…
- It was a GROUP DISCUSSION, which was based on general topics and it was conducted as to see how strongly you can put your point within discussion..
- After i cleared my group discussion it was the final stage which was a HR INTERVIEW aka Personal Interview.. So that is basically a personality and communication skills based.. All you need to do is revert the question with confidence..
What helped you sail through the hurdles and crack one of the finest jobs?
What helped me sail through the hurdles were the fine grades a good personality and confidence..
Confidence is the key to ace such jobs and make such an impression on the HRs that they just remember your name.. But the main point to remember is that dont be OVERCONFIDENT..
The personality which you carry is what creates a first impression on the employers.. So just be yourself and dont let the nervousness affect your personality..
What and how many internships and projects you did at college? How did you get them?
– Just one, .Net from DUCAT, summer internship, college helped.
What makes this company different from other firms?
– Well, WIPRO is a firm which requires no definition.. Its a firm where you will get a friendly environment no matter its a trainee or an employee or a director everyone is given an equal treatment.. WIPRO is a place where you get equal opportunity to excel and where the ideas are appreciated.. It is a brand name in itself, a great work culture, many new opportunities and importantly the trainings they provide
How did you prepare for the placement season? What advice would you give to your juniors regarding the placement season?
Well in preparing for the placement season my institution helped me alot..
– attend as much mock interviews as possible it helps in knowing where you lack..
– read and research about the firm you are going for as it will make the employers know that you are not just a candidate which appeared for the sake of it
– Just google a “Wipro placement questions”, you’ll get many helpful links.
What’s the role of academics in getting a good placement at JIMS?
– Well I got placed through campus placement, so my grades were a good boost to me.. Though it doesnt completely depends on the grades its the way you present yourself… Well in my case both the factors helped..it does help.. So keep good with the grades as your resume reaches the eyes of the HRs first then you.. So impress them with academics..
Elaborate on the type of work in this kind of role?
– We manage and maintain databases of entire India of a telecom company.
-we have to work according to the client’s requirement as to what kind of database they want..
– being an admin i have to look after all the modifications and updates whether they are on the right place or not…
What growth opportunities does this company provide? Is there any global exposure?
– Yes, my company does provides growth opportunities.
– We can work in any project across the growth, but obviously if we fit in.
– As you know WIPRO is worldwide establishes it does give you the opportunity with the conferences happening overseas.. And if the firm finds you suitable they may even send you on everseas project..
– Growth is imminent in WIPRO
Would you like to give any general advice to your juniors?/Would you recommend this company to a friend? Why?
– Yes, I would recommend, because It’s a great company with many growth opportunities.
– Well the firm WIPRO is the place where you will always find great opportunities. Equal treatment with the new employees and trainess is what makes this firm different from others. The way the superiors are always there to help you and motivate you at every point is comforting for the new comers…
How’s the general work culture and interaction with senior level executives?
– chat, mails, and interaction on the personal level as well is the way how the work is carried on in this workplace..
You can always ask for anything here and no one denies.. Be it at any odd hours the superiors are always there to help us with anything.. No matter how odd the timings are the seniors are always at our support…