Mahindra Comviva Interview Process – Recharge Application Manager – Ashish
Please tell us about your Interview procedure at Comviva (Short listing procedure, GDs, Interviews).
– Aptitude test
The coding/aptitude round was quite easy. MCQ’s related to DBMS,OOPS,I/O in Java/C++,English and some logical questions were asked.
I was tested upon real world/practical based problems, how to handle them and I was tested on how I approached the problem.. I wasnt convinced on the first that i could be interviewed on telephone but when i got the call letter for interview it was a terrific deed
– HR interview
The interview was tough one to be aced as it was more of a rapid fire question round.. It based on my conceptual knowledge and as i was good in my concepts i aced it..
I was asked questions related to linked lists and queues. I was even asked some questions related to Operating Systems and java too..
What helped you sail through the hurdles and crack one of the finest jobs?
– Just be true to them..The firm looks for a honest and a true fellow who could work with all his capabilities..
– Be confident and it should reflect upon your personality what they look is for is confident and a smart person who can modify and adjust accordingly..
– Dont be rigid as it may lead to a negative impact on your employers
What and how many internships and projects you did at college? How did you get them?
– JAVA application.. As far as internships is concerned i didnt get any but i kept myself involved individually working on different platforms and developing good applications on java..
What makes this company different from other firms?
Well what this company offers is a great package and adjustable environment.. It feeds you with opportunities in the backend as well as field work.. Superiors here are very humble and cooperative..
What makes this company different is their approach.. They have a different approach as here everyone is equal.. All no matter who it is the superiors juniors and the trainees all work at the same footing..
How did you prepare for the placement season? What advice would you give to your juniors regarding the placement season?
Well just study papers and research well about the company… I gave a good look at the competition success riview about the the updates and policies which were made in the field of IT..
Be good at your concepts and have good communication skills..
Confidence and smart answers is all what you need in a placement session
What’s the role of academics in getting a good placement at BITS?
– B.Tech is a field that is asked by many good companies these days. Though academics have a very tiny but an imp role in securing a good placement… So i would like to recomend that the academics should also be kept at an equal footing as it helps us in with the concepts and knowledge..
Elaborate on the type of work in this kind of role?
– We manage and maintain databases of entire India of a telecom company.we have to work according to the client’s requirement as to what kind of database they want..
– Updating and maintainence with new features and adding them in the database
Its a good field to work on..
What growth opportunities does this company provide? Is there any global exposure?
– Yes, my company does provide growth opportunities.
– We can work in any project across the growth, but obviously if we fit in.
– the firm provides us with the training to different platforms which launch in day to day life..
– it also provides us with an opportunity to go overseas and work their as a trainee or if our work is satisfactory we may even get a regular job overseas without changing our firm
Would you like to give any general advice to your juniors? Would you recommend this company to a friend? Why?
– Yes, I would recommend, because It’s a great company with many growth opportunities.
– with the environment here you may fall in love with work.. The fun with work is the principle used here.. So i would really recommend this firm as everyone has an eqaul opportunity and no one is considered as juniors here when work is considered..
How’s the general work culture and interaction with senior level executives?
– There’s no limit to this, we can mail, chat, view contact information of any level.
– the superiors are available at any time.. They can be reached at a personal level and denial is something they never learned.. They are motivating and they are ready to help anywhere anytime..
Are there any activities/events apart from work to motivate employees?
– Annual parties which help in getting together and interacting with each other.. Its the time where there is no juniors or seniors.
– periodic picnics and outings are also conducted where it provides us to know each othrr more on a personal level